Untitled drawing.jpg

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Welcome to Tech!

“There can be infinite uses of the computer and of new age technology, but if teachers themselves are not able to bring it into the classroom and make it work, then it fails.” - Nancy Kassebaum

As a mother of two young children and two dogs, I understand the time constraint that teachers are under. Between graduate programs, content planning, professional meetings, family time, and personal care; teachers have a rough road ahead of them when it comes to juggling all of the balls in their air. Technology tends to take a backseat because of the time and effort it takes to incorporate it properly in the classroom.

As an 8th grade English teacher, I strive everyday to use technology in creative ways to engage my students. I spend much of my personal time searching for new ways to incorporate technology into my classroom and creating lessons to share these fun tools with my students in a content specific way. I teach in a rural district in Eastern Wyoming. Our district is full of fantastic experienced teachers. However, these teachers tend to struggle with incorporating the technology that they have access to. As a young teacher showing enthusiasm for technology I am one of the go to people in the district concerning tech. Not only do I enjoy helping the other teachers in my district find new ways to incorporate technology but I love learning about how this tech benefits other content areas.
I will use this platform to share my ideas for incorporation, justifications, and lessons with you. It is my intent to help teachers across the world incorporate technology into their classroom with less effort. The easier something is to do, the more likely people are to do it. I believe that it is imperative that we bring education up to date with the rest of the world. The longer we drag behind the harder it will be to keep students engaged in the content we believe they need to succeed in the world.
Have a question? A tool you want to learn how to use? A lesson you want to infuse with tech? Let me know and I will incorporate it in a post as quickly as possible.

1 comment:

Popular

Blog Archive